Brief: The NHRF was established in 1988 by Norwegian non-governmental organisations with the aim to protect and promote human rights internationally. One of the key objectives was to establish a channel for support to sensitive human rights initiatives effectuated in an informal and efficient manner.
Thrust Areas: Priority is given to projects focusing on the following thematic areas of work:
. Civil, economic and social rights
. Women and children’s rights
. Labour rights
. Safe working conditions for human rights defenders
Who Can Apply:
In 2014 the NHRF will only accept applications from the following countries:
· India (Andra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu)
· Pakistan (KPK, Punjab and Sindh)
· Support is given to local initiatives and actors who are familiar with local structures and work where Human Rights violations occur.
· Priority is given to activism and projects where poor and marginalized groups mobilize and organize for their own rights.
· Organisations with few other donors will be given priority.
· Organisations with an annual budget above US$ 150 000 falls outside our mandate of support.
For Further Detail Visit: http://www.nhrf.no/en/contact/grants/